Our boys were playing with their doctor kit today, and Brayden and Caleb brought me their little children's medical book to ask me a few questions. There were pictures of red and white blood cells, bone cells, muscle, and egg and sperm cells. They wanted to know what the egg and sperm cells were, so I told them that the sperm were "boy cells" and the eggs were "girl cells" and that when they get together they make a baby.
Brayden was completely satisfied. Caleb, on the other hand, thought for a minute and then asked (in a loud Caleb-like voice), "How do they get together?"
Todd started to laugh hysterically, so I turned the time over to him. He, unfortunately, sent them back to me. I told my boys I needed a minute to think. I was not prepared for this question from a four-year old. After thinking for a minute,I was able to skip about 98% of the talk by telling Caleb that Mom's and Dad's sleep in the same bed...and that's how they get together. He was happy with that answer. Whew!
Thursday, February 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
That is so hilarious, Felicia! It's so hard when kids catch you off guard like that.
Love your new blog format! It's not google's is it? I love brown, and I love the pattern...good job!
Post a Comment