Friday, June 25, 2010

Crotchety

This post is for my dear husband, children, and mother, who have put up with me this week.

I've decided that the term "crotchety" must have started with a pregnant woman in her last trimester whose crotch feels like it's being pried apart with a crowbar.

It hurts to move.

I don't remember hurting like this quite so early with past pregnancies.

Of course it's all worth it in the end...I just hope my family will agree.

Mom is here this week, helping me get my ducks in a row before the baby comes. I'm so thankful for her help. So far we (and I use the term "we" loosely 'cause Mom has done most of the work) organized Brayden and Caleb's room, cleaned the sheetrock dust that fell under the stairs during our basement remodel, and swept and tidied up the storage room, all while keeping the laundry caught up and the kids fed (which is no small task these days). Tomorrow I hope we can sort and wash the baby clothes, make a crib skirt and some hooded towels, and fix the broken Roman shade.

I really feel very blessed to be having this baby, to have my Mom here this week to help, and to have a husband who is so patient and understanding. My blood platelets have gone up and are now in the normal range. My gall bladder pain is nearly non-existent thanks to my low-fat diet, and my doctor is overly cautious and doing EVERYTHING you can imagine to make sure we have a healthy baby.

I have more reasons to smile than to be crotchety.

But, oh, how it hurts...

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Relief (for all) will come soon! :) Sending love your way!!

bevanmission said...

Wow! Can't say we ever stopped to consider the word crotchety! You've opened our eyes! And given us more things to laugh about! Your wit is amazing!

Sandra said...

I don't remember having crotch pain but then again there are a lot of things you forget (pretty sure the Lord lets us forget) I hope you feel better, thats so great that your mom is able to be with you and help out. My Mom only came up with Danika.