Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Blueberries are on sale this week!

Whenever I see fresh blueberries go on sale, I like to make these Blueberry scones with lemon glaze from Food Network.

Unfortunately, because of the fat content, I will not be making them for a little while.

I thought I'd post a link to the recipe instead, in case any of you with a functioning gall bladder would like a taste of heaven this week.

I've tried all kinds of things to make them less fattening, or less expensive to make, but I'm telling you right now that if you're going to go to the effort to do it, follow the recipe exactly. There's just no comparison. I've tried using frozen blueberries, whole milk or half and half instead of the cream, salted butter because that's what I had on hand, lemon juice from a bottle instead of freshly squeezed, etc. I could taste the difference every time and they weren't as good.

All I ask is that if you make them, you enjoy a bite for me.

Happy 4th of July weekend everyone!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow those look so yummy!!!! I'll have to try them.

bevanmission said...

Wow! A Taste of Heaven belongs on our Blog! I can't wait to have Papa read your post and salivate over those blueberry scones! They look soooo gooood and they don't even have chocolate! We promise to think of you when we get them made...

Cami said...

I LOVE those scones. They really do taste like heaven! I bought a case of blueberries last summer and froze them, so I can make the scones anytime. I know it says to use fresh blueberries, but it works fine to use frozen.

Julia said...

These look so good! I didn't have a way to email you but wanted to tell you that even though you did not win the blog header contest that I would still love to help you out with it no charge. Its something I enjoy doing for people I really like. :)

Kellee said...

OOH! Those do look yummy! Thanks for the recipe.