I got my new calling as the Relief Society committee leader just three weeks before our RS Christmas Party. I was a bit nervous at first, but everything went smoothly. My board members stepped up and filled assignments so quickly that it ended up being easier than my kids' birthday parties that I have to plan and carry out by myself!
One of my board members had these decorations/tablecloths in her stash

Last minute program instructions before making the corn and gravy. I'm so grateful for my board members!
For our program, we had a narrator who read The Living Christ between various musical numbers and congregational hymn's about the Savior.
For our program, we had a narrator who read The Living Christ between various musical numbers and congregational hymn's about the Savior.I ended up filling in (last minute) as part of a quartet singing "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" during the program. My sister blogged that she sang in her RS program, too. It must be contagious.

In conjunction with the dinner and program, we also had a "Take and Trade". Sisters donated gently used clothing and toys and then had the opportunity to walk through and "shop" for things they needed. Specific families were taken through the day before to get first dibs. After our RS party, we ended up bringing in two other wards to go through the stuff. I was amazed at both the quality and quantity of donations! It took five people over two hours to fold the clothes and set up.


Here I am with my board. I did not get to choose them, but I couldn't have picked any better. I am excited to work with these extraordinary women. I know they will teach me so much.
Left to right: Tammy, Felicia, Becky, and Esther







5 comments:
That outfit looks amazing on you. Just sayin'. :)
Ha! Mother of the Wild Boys beat me to it. I wanted to say that you look REALLY good!! And your party looks like so much fun!
I wish you were in my ward ;) It all looks great!
That looks like a great party. Great idea on the trading.
Great idea to do a program around the Living Christ - which is one of my most cherished laminated documents in my scriptures! It thrills my heart to have such a creative niece!! You DO look thin in your green outfit! Very cute!!
Post a Comment