Thursday, December 02, 2010

So many questions...

Dillon: Mom, how much days do I have to go to high school to be a toy maker.

Me: I'm not sure, but you'll probably want to go to five years of COLLEGE if you want to have your own business.

Dillon: Five days of college?

Me: No, five YEARS of college.

Dillon: How many days is that?

Me: More than one-thousand five hundred days.

Dillon: (wheels turning as he ponders): Mom, how much days of high school do I need, to work at Build-a-bear?

Me: Not very many. You can work at Build-a-bear while you're IN high school. But you won't make enough money working at build-a-bear to support a family, so you'll still need to go to college.

Dillon: Mom, where is that Build-a-bear that we went to?

Me: We went to build-a-bear in Salt Lake, but they are all over the country.

Dillon: Even in Wo-uh?

Me: No, not in Loa. But I'm sure there's one in Provo.

Dillon: That not very far...

"Mom, does Vanessa know Santa's e-mail address?"

And on...and on...and on.

4 comments:

girlsmama said...

Oh man that made me laugh. Tell Dillon he can rent a room at my house while he works at build-a-bear. :)

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

SO CUTE!!! I love how kids think. They are so smart. :)

Violadiva said...

Toy maker + build a bear + Santa's email address = I think this boy has an innate calling to be an Elf. Maybe you can make him the family secret Christmas Elf and make him an elf hat. Every time he does a secret elf thing he can leave a trademark or something.

Charlotte said...

That is so cute. And good job being persisent about importance of a college education.