It is almost ALL applique, which I'm excited about because in the evenings when I'm too tired to go downstairs and sit at my sewing machine, I can sit by the fireplace and do handwork.
Becky used to own an antique shop, so she's more familiar with this vintage stuff than I am, but I'm pretty sure that all the dishes, and utensils in this quilt are copied from real dishes from the time. Becky owns some of them. Do you recognize any of this stuff? The cookie cutter, the Jell-O mold, the tulip bowl, the green or red handled spatulas?
I have no idea where I'll put this quilt when it's finished, but I fell in love with it, so I'm making it anyway.
I'm taking votes for which "handwritten recipe" I put in this quilt. Grandma Salisbury's Cinnamon Rolls? Bread Pudding? I actually have one of Grandma Taggart's recipe books and it's FULL of handwritten recipes that she stuck here and there between the pages. Maybe I'll copy one of those...






5 comments:
That is so beautiful! I am always amazed at your talent. I recognized the dish rack for drying dishes first thing. The only recipe that I know from you is "country pasta" :) :)
I love it. It's awesome.
My vote goes to Mom's oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I'd say her bread, but "turn the Bosch to 5" sounds pretty lame for an antique quilt. My next vote goes to Grandma's bread pudding.
very cool! I especially love the Cat sweeping on Saturday. My mom and grandma had those exact same cats embroidered onto dish towels and it gives me a warm fuzzy to see it again.
I'd say go with Grandma's cinnamon rolls, or the white drop cookies.
Or scan in one of Grandma Taggart's cards and do an iron on of her handwriting....that might be cool.
I love that quilt! I love antique things, especially kitchen stuff. I need to make one of those too.
Post a Comment