Tuesday, October 30, 2007

We miss you Grandpa!

All of Todd's siblings (including ourselves) got together last Sunday (the 21st) to be together on the anniversary of his dad's passing. It was the first time we were able to see the headstone. It was nice to be with family and observe that even though we miss him greatly, we are all doing well and moving forward, which is what he would have wanted.

The flamingo was a "joke" that Dave and Linda and some good friends would leave in each other's yard (and other places) just for fun. I guarantee that Dave is smiling in heaven.

After church we went to the cemetery. We had a family prayer, and then each of the grandkids got a balloon to release for Grandpa. They had the option of writing a message on it, and then Grandma cut the strings one at a time and we watched them until they disappeared.


We sure miss you Grandpa!

2 comments:

mommymelb said...

I'm so glad you were able to go. It looks like you had a memorable day.

Anonymous said...

It kind of looks like Caleb is peeing on that headstone...

But then I realized it was his "contemplative" face.

I'm glad you guys had a great time.