Friday, November 16, 2007

Felicia and elephants remember.....or do they?

Grandma used to say that Felicia and elephants remember.....
but I'm here today to prove her wrong.

It's 3:20 PM and I just realized that I haven't eaten yet today. From the time I stepped out of the shower this morning I've either been on the phone, on the computer, or running errands.

I got both boys to school LATE today, spent money I didn't have on Christmas decorations I don't need, forgot to tell my kids that I was the crossing guard today and they'd need to walk to the corner to meet me after school, and to top it off, I forgot to play tooth fairy last night. We had weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth (all but one tooth) when there was no quarter in Brayden's pillow this morning.

To fix the problem, I went to the bank while he was at school and got one of the brand new "Utah" quarters. Then I left a note from the tooth fairy (sprayed with glitter), that explained why she was late. She knew he needed the new Utah quarter for his coin collection, but she had to wait until the bank opened this morning to get it. Pretty clever, huh? Brayden laughed when he realized why she didn't come last night.

Now I think I'll go eat breakfast, and then lunch, and then start fixing dinner. Maybe I'll even do some work around the house today, too. But then again, maybe I'll forget.

5 comments:

mommymelb said...

I want to hear more about your new "no money" christmas decorations". I bought new "no money" stuff for my tree this year. I was trying to wait to get it after christmas clearance, but I think I will throw up if I decorate the tree the same way again!

Charlotte said...

That's about the cleverest tooth fairy story I've ever heard... does he really believe there's a tooth fairy?

I seem to remember a certain sister of mine crushing my belief in the tooth fairy, Santa Claus and the Easter bunny all in one fell swoop... when I was 4. Aw, well... I forgive you. I was probably better off in the long run.

Lexi said...

That is a much better excuse for the "tooth fairy" forgetting. We always just say that the tooth fairy thought you needed one more night to say goodbye. I won't tell you how many times we have had to say that....oops!

Ashton and Shanda Call Family said...

I love it! I have been forgetting everything myself this month. Ah life just never slows down does it?

Love you guys! And miss you. Thanks so much for the card!

Mindy said...

Our tooth fairy was on vacation in Hawaii for a week once! Whoops!