Tuesday, December 08, 2009

It's not snowman snow...

We rarely get the kind of snow you need to build snowmen here. It's just too dry and powdery. Our first storm of the year was perfect snowman snow, but Dillon had preschool that day, and by the time he got home, it had all melted.

His eyes sparkled when he saw the snow this morning. When he got home from preschool, I asked him if it was "snowman snow", and he sadly told me it was not.

A few minutes later, however, he came in with his gloves on and said, "Mom, I don't care if it's not snowman snow. I'm going to make a dead snowman."

I helped him get his coat on, and he insisted that he needed a pickle for the nose. I have plenty of carrots in the fridge, but he was determined to use a pickle.

Ten minutes later we had this wonderful dead snowman in our yard:



Oh, and let me tell you about the kid-sized snowshovel. It's hands down the best purchase I have ever made. Our kids fight over who gets to shovel the steps. Next time we pass by Smith and Edwards, I will most definitely be purchasing two more!

10 comments:

Charlotte said...

A dead snowman... fantastic. What a clever kid. I shoveled our driveway this morning and kept wishing I had a kid size one. Too bad I never pass Smith and Edwards.

Mindy said...

We love our kid size shovel too. :) I LOVE the dead snowman. I think he might be on to some amazing new trend here...

Sandra said...

How funny, what a cute kid. We got a kids sized shovel but it was a cheap one and has already busted. Our kids would fight over it too (well before it busted). I know if it was a hefty one I'd make them shovel the walk :)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Ooh, you might have to pick me up a kid size shovel!

Violadiva said...

Wow - creativity must really run thick through those genes. (or is it jeans? hee hee)

Anita said...

That Dilly Bob is such a cute kid. Dead snowman, great thinking!

Kellee said...

Now that's making lemons out of lemonade! Very creative!

Cathy Brian said...

I'm sorry to all of those people who don't live in Wayne County, or more precicely, Loa. You just can not understand, completely, the humor in this post.

NEVER have I seen such optomism in a child. NEVER!! you are a lucky mom, felicia!!!

bevanmission said...

Liked the pickle for the nose! Green is best!

Becky G said...

I'm going to tell my kids about the dead snowman...I'm not sure if they'll go for it though. :) Cute idea - perfect for this light snow!