Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cub Scouts and brotherly love

I told the boys I was posting this picture for the Grandma's, but it's really just to show off the fact that I finally got around to sewing their badges on...and now I'm behind again.

Tonight Caleb earned his Bobcat, and Brayden got his Bear. I will never understand why the Mom has to paint their faces, or why we have to cheer by pretending to spit out watermelon seeds, but the boys had fun. Having been a den leader for a year, I can more fully appreciate all that their leaders do.

And here is a picture of poor Dillon, anxiously waiting for his boys to come home from school. Tomorrow is the last day of the school year, and Dilly couldn't be happier. I, on the other hand, could use another week to finish de-junking and organizing before having the kids home all day long.

3 comments:

mommymelb said...

I hear our bus pulling up right now to drop the kids off for summer break. I figure your kids are getting close too!

Good luck! I'll be thinking of you! :)

Sandra said...

Ohh that bottom picture is so cute, him waiting for his "boys". Precious. We must be one of the only schools who get out next week.

Dedra said...

The picture of him waiting for the boys is cool. It looks like he is a tiny guy stanind on g a giant fence. I like it.

Way to go for helping your boys earn those patches! You're a good mom.