I've never thanked all of you for your comments and e-mails with low-fat food idea's and recipes...so thank you! For the most part, it's not so bad. The things that I miss the most are eggs, cheese, ground beef, and butter.
Someone left this stuff in my fridge after Caleb's baptism, and I have to say, it doesn't taste anything like butter.
If you look at the "nutritional information" on the back, you'll find that there's zero calories, zero fat, zero cholesterol, zero everything. So my question is: What is IN this stuff?
I was surprised to discover that breakfast is the hardest meal for me. I've never been able to eat a bowl of cereal in the morning without feeling sick later on, so before this diet I would usually eat eggs, or leftovers. I can't eat fruit in the morning, either. I'm not a fan of yogurt (too sweet for me), so breakfast has been interesting. For some reason, oatmeal doesn't make me feel sick like cereal, so I eat a lot of oatmeal...but I worry because it's pretty high on some of the lists I've seen for foods that aggravate gall bladders. Weird, huh?
Does anyone out there have any idea's for breakfast that are low-fat AND low sugar? I can eat fruit or cereal if I balance it out with some kind of protein or vegetable, but it's hard to get excited about broccoli, shrimp, or kidney beans at 7:00 in the morning!






7 comments:
can you eat turkey? I made the kids low fat turkey breakfast sausage during testing week to boost their protein intake.
I'm waiting for a recipe list of great recipes you've tried and loved. You don't have to have an ailing gallbladder to appreciate good low fat meals! My grandpa grinds his own cereal for breakfast with wheat, oats, corn, barley, you name it... He and my grandma have had that for breakfast since before I can remember. Quite tasty, if you have a grinder, of course!
Is hummus low fat? I think it has oil in it, but maybe if you made your own non/low fat hummus and spread it on toast or toasted tortillas?
I tried to be good a few weeks ago and buy the non-fat cream cheese. I spit it out. Totally gross.
Man the biggest thing we eat at our house for Breakfast is cereal. Wheat bread with your doesn't taste like butter stuff :) Make your own hash browns. Homemade wheat muffins,pancakes or waffles. Banana muffins...oohhh that sounds yummy. Granola would be good..although thats strange that oatmeal would aggravate it.
I was just looking at some leftover brown rice and thinking I could heat it up with some milk and cinnamon and sugar for breakfast. The only problem with all these ideas is that they take more time than cereal. Maybe you could make your own low sugar granola. Oh, or splurge and have mom-only Kashi cereal - it has protein.
What about cracked wheat?? Or grits, cream of wheat or other cooked cereal? I usually make up a bunch then separate it by portions(in plastic containers) and keep in the fridge. Then, it doesn't take all day to fix breakfast. How about egg whites? I know you can make breakfast burritos and freeze them...then just microwave when you want to eat one. I also will cook up a whole bag if chicken tenders (in a fry pan with 1/2 C. water and a pkg of taco or ranch seasoning--or sometimes w/o seasoning) and freeze them in a ziploc bag. Then I microwave them for 30 sec. and throw them on a salad for lunch.
I don't know if any of these suggestions help....I am not sure what you can't have exactly. But, I am so sorry about you feeling yucky! :(
Good luck with the diet. Sorry I can't offer any good suggestions, I'm all about real butter and chocolate chip cookies. I do love to eat rice chex with a little bit of splenda sprinkled on top, and 1 serving has 0 fat and 2 grams of sugar.
Post a Comment