Friday, March 23, 2007

Spring Bulletin Board for Brayden's class

Here's the latest bulletin board that I did for Brayden's teacher. The pink ribbon on the Easter basket is made from paper twist that I found out in the milk barn when we cleaned it last week. What a lucky find!
I was supposed to do an Easter/Math theme. I wanted to put something like 1 bunny + 1 bunny = lots of bunnies, but I thought it might confuse the kids.

I learned a few things while making this board, so I'll pass them along in case any of you ever have to do something similar:

1. Popcorn tree's look better if you don't put popcorn in the "V" part of the branch.
2. You can't color popcorn the same way as you color macaroni noodles. The food coloring will soak right in to one piece of popcorn, and the rest will remain white.
3. You color popcorn using dry tempera paint.
4. You can't glue popcorn onto a paper tree (that's already on a wall) using rubber cement.
5. You can't glue popcorn onto a paper tree using Elmer's glue either.
6. You must use a glue gun to put popcorn onto a paper tree.
7. Using a glue gun on a little piece of popcorn will result in lots of burns/blisters.
8. Don't try to use popcorn on a bulletin board.
9. Tissue paper tulips are harder than they look.
10. The rest of the tissue paper flowers are easier than they look.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really are so cute Felicia! I wish I was as creative as you! I will definitely use your rules, but I am sure that I'm going to try to stay away from bulletin boards!

Anonymous said...

I am quite certain that never in my life would I have thought to try to color popcorn and glue it to a paper tree on the wall. However, if I ever do such a thing, I will remember to call you for the inside scoop.

It's a very cute bulletin board, by the way. :0)

smdc said...

That is probably THE best looking bulletin board I have ever seen!! I would attempt to copy it, IF I had my own classroom!! (Minus the popcorn, of course!)