Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I've been "husband tagged"--Todd's going to love this...

What is his name?
Todd, Toddy, Toddles, Toddoes 'n' Gravy, Wacky Hubbabubba
How long have you been married?
Ten years on August 21st! We know each other so well, it's scary. Lately he's started coming up with some really great idea's and opinions. I'm not sure if I just taught him well and it finally kicked in, or if he has brainwashed me...
How long did you date?
May 10th-May 17th of 1998. Yep, one week. Actually he hung around my college apartment so much that we named him an "honorary roommate" but we didn't know if he liked me or my roommate. So I knew him pretty well, but we were "just friends" for a good long time.
How old is he?
Thirty-three. I always tease him about the fact that Jesus died at 33--and look how much he accomplished in His lifetime. (he knows I'm kidding, by the way).

Who eats more?

Me. It's definitely me. Pathetic, huh? He was even a football player...and they eat a lot.
Who said I love you first?
He did. And he holds it over my head to this day. (Probably because I always tell the story of how he didn't kiss me until we had been engaged for NINE days! Kind of awkward...I know...I was there...wondering...Does he really want to marry me?... Hmm...).
Who is smarter?
I'm more book-smart (I'm good at memorizing and taking tests), and he's more street smart (social skills and such). We help each other out.
Whose temper is worse?
I think our temper's are pretty much even, we just get "out-of-joint" about different things.
Who does laundry?
He throws most of the loads in (because he's quickly running out of underwear), and I fold them--eventually.
Who does the dishes?
Most of the time it's me, but he does clean up after dinner on occasion.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
Me. He has to be able to lay on his right side and face me. Not that he always sleeps facing me, but he has to be facing me when he's on his right side. His left side gurgles (it's called digestion--we all do it). I know, it's a little obsessive, but he informed me about it before we got married, so I knew what I was getting into, and luckily I don't care if I gurgle when I lay on my left side.
Who pays the bills?
I do now, but for a long time we each had certain bills that we were in charge of. He paid the online stuff, and I sent out the snail mail.
Who cooks dinner?
Mostly me, but there are certain meals that he cooks. He does the all the grilling, and he makes better pancakes, scrambled eggs, and soups.
Who drives when you are together?
Definitely Todd. I like to look at people's yards, and the flowers, and the stores, and whether people's siding color goes with their roof color, etc. I can't be bothered with driving. There's too much to see. (Although I did argue for my turn to drive when we first got our Honda Odyssey. The driver's side butt-warmer extends to the back of the seat, and it's quite heavenly when the temperature is -2 degrees).
Whose parents do you see the most?
Mine. Although I spend more time on the phone with his. I LOVE my mother-in-law. Except when she makes harsh comments about my cute green purse...:o) Which, by the way, I've had TONS of compliments on.
Todd likes my family, too. So it's a win-win situation.
Who proposed?
Todd; although I got the ball rolling when I asked (after a week of dating) "Where's this going?" and he answered, "I have a hard time imagining my future without thinking about 'our' kids". I had been feeling the same way...and now we have three little monkeys that eat all our food, and mess up our stuff (we didn't exactly imagine that when we were in our "love bubble").
Who has more friends?
I do, and it's a good thing because after doing therapy all day, he's not really in the mood to talk. After being a mom all day---I've got a few things to say...
Who has more siblings?
He does, and I love them all. He has a great family.
Who wears the pants in the family?
We take turns wearing the pants, it depends on the subject matter :). And unfortunately, if we wanted, that term could be literal. Since I've had kids I can wear his pants. To my knowledge he's never tried mine...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that much about you and Todd, honestly. However, Nate and I were talking about Todd the other day and when he joined the family and I couldn't believe how long it ago it was when I thought about it! I was still in like 4th or 5th grade, maybe sixth, I'm not sure. It just feels like he's been a part of the family forever! I love your family. I look up to you alot.

V and Co. said...

you are too funny! i love your comments!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Thanks so much for being a good sport with the tag! It was fun to learn more about Todd.

PS- Nick and I wear the same size of jeans after 3 monkeys too...Ah, the sacrifices we make. :)

smdc said...

Much to my dismay, my DH actually put my jeans on one day on accident, and they fit! I was depressed for a month!

Mindy said...

Felicia, I love it! You have the best sense of humor. That picture of you two is so cute!