Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Of all the dumb luck...

Brayden lost another tooth tonight, and just before he went to bed, he came into our room and asked, "Mom, how come the tooth fairy brings other kids $1 instead of coins?"
I thought quick, and explained that maybe he just needed to ask for a raise, and he went to bed.
Darn.
I was hoping that quarter thing would last a bit longer--he does collect them, you know. But now he wants the BIG money.
So, I went to my purse to cough up a dollar, and wouldn't you know it (and I guarantee this is the only time in my life that this will ever happen) all I have is a $100 bill and a bunch of coins. (I just got paid in cash for a quilt that came to $100.36). So now, even though I remembered that he lost a tooth, I don't have the money to leave in his pillow. Tomorrow, once again, I will fail my tooth fairy responsibilities until the bank opens.

I'll probably blame it on the Mighty Molar Power Ranger.

6 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Our tooth fairy leaves a dollar (Nick's idea). I wanted to do a quarter. Now we have two boys loosing teeth!!

By the way, the way our tooth fairy remembers: He (yes, it's a man fairy), gets the dollar out of my purse as soon as the tooth comes out. He then puts it on my pillow, so that he (me) won't forget. It works!

Before we thought of that idea, Ethan got forgotten once. He found a note from the TF after school that day saying that he had come by but the little brothers were still awake and he didn't want them to see him. :)

Violadiva said...

I think my dad was pretty clever about this one; he would out-bid the tooth fairy. The conversation went something like this:

"Dad! I lost a tooth!"

"Cool! How much do you think the tooth fairy will pay for that one?"

"I don't know, maybe a quarter."

"I'll buy it from you for 50 cents, how about that?"

So, I never left any teeth under my pillow and went straight to dad to see what the going rate for a molar was. It sure cut out that middle-fairy business.

mommymelb said...

A whole stinking dollar? Crap, I was planning on a quarter for here too.

I really think I was told by my little sister when I lost my first tooth there wasn't really a tooth fairy. I don't think I ever really missed out on much, yanno, tooth fairy, easter bunny, I don't think I ever really believed. :)

Charlotte said...

I think Viola Diva has a great plan... cut out the middle man. Unless he gets wise to it... you might end up paying $3 or $4 to out-bid the fairy!

Good luck!

V and Co. said...

love it, the tooth fairy was "too buisy" one night that nate lost a tooth, she left a note the next day (while he was in school)with the dollar saying that she was so sorry that it was such a buisy night that soooo many kids lost a tooth that night that she had to do it in two nights! she doesnt have the same abilities as santa ofcourse!

Jai said...

Hey Felicia! I found a link to your blog on Shauntae's. I am so glad that I found a way to keep track of you. Your kids are getting so big. They are adorable. Jamie (Check out our blog at tjkatbowles.blogspot)