Brayden lost another tooth yesterday, and once again, the tooth fairy forgot to come to our house.
I was lamenting to Todd about what terrible parents we are, and he replied, "Don't look at me, I'm not going to take on the role of a FAIRY."
So I've decided to come up with a better name. Something like, "The Tooth Terminator" , "The Molar Morphin Power Ranger", "DentalTron", or something more masculine like that...'cause guess what, folks. It's not ALL my fault. I delivered a piece of brain with each child, you know.
How can I be expected to remember a tiny missing tooth, when I'm conducting a mass rescue effort to recover missing library books?
Aren't kids supposed to know the truth by 1st grade, anyway? This is one tradition I'm a bit tired of, probably because I've failed so many times. Does anyone have a good excuse? I've run out; and guess what? He has two more loose teeth.






3 comments:
That was the funnest story all year. I have no advice because we're just getting our first loose tooth here. I'd like to know what you end up doing though! :):)
You broke the news to me when I was 3 or 4, with no lasting damage. He probably already knows... so there's no sense tormenting yourself. Hand the kid a quarter and tell him congrats.
PS- on the movie Santa Clause 2 or 3 the tooth fairy changes his name to "The Molenator".
I forget ALL the time... for days and days. My kids are definitely old enough to know... they just want money, I think.
Post a Comment