
I tried making a diaper cake, for the first time, and it wasn't so bad--just make sure you have two people!
Before the shower, during the last minute "hustle and bustle" to get everything ready, I asked Todd to help me as I was making the boys' beds. Our conversation went something like this:
Me: (while making Brayden's bed) Todd, could you grab a yellow pillowcase out of the bathroom closet? Dillon's is all slobbered on.
Todd: The Curious George pillowcase is on top...can't we use that one?
Me: No, it doesn't match, and the pillow has to sit above the quilt
Todd: Who cares if it matches?
Me: I care. We just re-did this room and there's a chance that some of the ladies who come to the shower will want to come see it.
Todd: Why would they want to go into our kids' room?
Me: They may have to bring their children who will need a place to play, or they might just want to see what we've done in there. Besides, we're not going to just sit around farting and scratching...
Todd (bringing in the yellow pillowcase--in a grumble): I had to get this from the bottom of the stack.
Me (thinking): ...how hard is it to take a pillowcase off the bottom??
Todd: Hey! How come Caleb has my extra pillow on his bed?
Me: His new quilt came with a pillow sham, and he wanted to use it. You can use the one in your pillow sham as your second pillow.
Todd: Why does he need a pillow sham...his bunk is on the top. Nobody will see it.
Me: Because we have a pillowsham and an extra pillow. Why not?
Todd: (silently contemplating the female species)
Me: Caleb didn't understand why he couldn't use the pillow sham as his regular pillow, so I had to explain that it was just for show--not for slobbering on.
Todd (sarcastically): ...Why didn't you just cut off his balls?
Me: (laughing hysterically--secure in the knowledge that my boys understand the purpose for a pillow sham and a bedskirt and will be just fine when they marry a member of that female species).
By the way:
*I know "it's a lazy parent who makes their child's bed", but it was crunch time and having the boys help would've taken too long.
*the ladies did come see the bedroom, although by that time Dillon had already un-made his bed.






8 comments:
Ohh too funny...I just instructed David on pillow etiquette at our house too. He was confused too...I'm glad you're bringing your boys up right.
And I haven't let my girls clean their room all month! I tell them to watch tv instead, it's crunch time here too!
You crack me up--and really, we would have had the SAME conversation over here! :) Guys just don't get it...
SOOOO happy you got to show off all your AWESOME work! You deserved to!!
That is the cutest theme and the greatest invite that I've ever seen!
The hilarious conversation was eerily familiar...why can't our hubbys just do what we say without asking questions? :D
ROFLMAO...
Go Todd!
Oh, thank you for the laugh! Unfortunately, I think Jon would win in our house, because he is just that much more stubborn than I am...
Felicia, that is so funny, it sounds just like something Corwin would say. I love the invitations and the cake by the way, you are soooooo creative. I need you guys to move to Kaysville, so you can quilt for me again :)
Looks like you did a great job with the baby shower. LOL with you and Todds conversation.
i almost peed while reading this. your hubby and mine are two peas from the same pod!!!! love the balls comment!!!!
Post a Comment