All my photography friends are going to cringe at this picture because of the shadow across Brayden's face, but I'm too lazy to take another one. Among all our flowers and vegetables, we're growin' boys. Brayden used the table saw yesterday to build this birdfeeder with his Dad.
I couldn't watch.
Thankfully he still has all his fingers, and now a shiny new red birdfeeder. Todd ordered the plexiglass from the hardware store, and they got to work. There's a hinge on the roof, that opens so you can fill it with seed, and the bottom is open so those birds can eat all they want!

Here's the boys' garden. It's only four rows but they've taken good care of it. They planted peas, beets, carrots, and lettuce.

This little plant has our first green pepper...and it's just so cute I have to go look at it every day.

Amazingly, all 25 strawberry plants survived, even though Gurney's sent them while we still had snow on the ground and the plants sat in my fridge for nearly TWO months! I'm definitely planting more strawberries next year.

Here's our backyard garden (surrounded by weeds). We planted zuchini, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, onions, beets, beans, and some squash that will never have time to grow before our first frost in the middle of August.

Brayden got a pumpkin plant at Day Camp, and we discovered the first pumpkin yesterday. He's very excited.

The petunias in my window boxes are finally starting to thrive and soon the waves will cascade over the edge...just in time for the frost.

Our pea's are going to be ready just in time for us to leave on vacation. I'm sad about this, but hopefully the neighbors will enjoy them. There are also some onions in there...

Our first tomato...

Dillon planted a sweet pea in preschool, and gave it to me for mother's day. I love the color!

We have lots of apples on our tree this year. Todd still wants to cut off the branch that grows apples, and I still won't let him.

Our lettuce border. We planted our lettuce, spinach, swiss chard, and pea's in the front yard this year. Next year we're going to plant rhubarb along the driveway.

I love when all the hard work starts paying off!
2 comments:
I'm so impressed by your lovely garden that I'd never dare criticize your photograph! (It's cute!) Everything looks wonderful... and besides all the great plants you've grown, you're growing wonderful boys. :)
I agree... It makes ya smile when you see all your hard work pays off. We have already picked some cherry tomatoes :) Question...Why does Todd want to cut off the branch that produces apples?
Post a Comment