Wednesday, July 08, 2009

"Cantar Oaxaca" or Pukefest 2009 - apparently a year long event

As if we didn't have enough of the throw-ups this past winter, that horrible bug has surfaced again.

Dillon was hurling two weeks ago. Brayden blew chunks last Thursday. Todd spent all day Sunday wretching at my parents house, and Caleb just spewed a few minutes ago. I feel like a ticking time bomb...

And, it gets better. Todd's brother Michael (and family) were tossing their cookies all last week too.

And, it gets even better. Todd's brother Larry (and family) flew down from Washington in time to "share the love", and when it was time for them to fly home, they were barfing and had to stay an extra day. In a hotel. With 7 people. And one bathroom. They were lucky enough to fly home this morning, and arrived at their house just in time for two more kids to practice the technicolor yawn.

I just called all my scouts to cancel our cub meeting tomorrow, and found out that two of them were praying to the porcelain throne this past week as well.

Now I'm just hoping that my parents and my brother Tyler (and family) avoid the kohler cough.

It's JUNE for crying out loud! I thought the vomit season was from Halloween to New Year's and each family only had to get it once.

I guess I was wrong.

Oh, and did I mention that our upstairs toilet is out-of-order until Saturday, when Todd will have time to fix the floor underneath it and put in new bolts?

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

I suddenly am feeling less sad that we missed the family festivities this weekend.

Hope everyone gets better soon and I hope that you don't get it.

Are you still going to Washington this summer?

Mindy said...

Oh, man... you guys have had enough pukefests to last the rest of your life! I do, however, enjoy reading all of your names for the deed... sorry if I get amusement from your misery! ;) I hope you all get well soon... love you!

V and Co. said...

oh man f i'm soooo sorry. i almost called you like 15 times yesterday but i'm glad i didn't so not to bug you! yikes! do you need me to drop off some 7-up on your doorstep cause no way am i coming into contact with you guys! ;) give me a call if you need me to run to the market! miss you and hope you don't "explode" but if you do just remember the movie "the devil wears prada" quote "i'm only one flu away from my ideal wieght" at least one good thing could come of this! ;)

tania said...

We so had the same bug. We all puked like 3 weeks ago.

Ashton and Shanda Call Family said...

I love how you write! You are hillarious and use the best words!