Thursday, September 14, 2006

Awesome new recipe

My neighbor, Andrea, made these noodles for lunch yesterday (we played at their house all morning instead of ours, and then had lunch together). I liked it so well, I added zucchini to the recipe and made it for my family for dinner last night. It was a hit. I was craving it again, so I made if for lunch today too! It is super easy, super fast, and would also be good with bacon, chicken, mushrooms, spinach, onions, etc. The possiblilities are endless. All the ingredients can be adjusted according to taste, and how many people you want to feed. Here it is, the way I made it:

Italian Noodles

1/2 bag egg noodles (cooked and drained)
1 1/2 cups chopped zucchini
2-3 small Roma tomatoes (diced)
1/2 tsp. minced garlic (or 1 clove)
1/4 - 1/2 tsp. basil
1/4 - 1/2 tsp. oregano
dash of salt (I used Deverles)
1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese (or cubed)

While the noodles are cooking, saute the zucchini, garlic, basil, oregano, and salt in oil until zuchini is soft. Add the diced tomatoes and stir until they're warmed. Add the cooked noodles and stir. Just before serving, add the mozzarella cheese and stir until melted or partially melted. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you had posted this yesterday before I went grocery shopping... My VT companion gave me a giant zuchinni from her garden, so I was trying to decide what to do with it. This sounds fabulous, but unfortunately the only ingredient I have is zuchinni. (and the seasonings) :0(
Maybe next time...