I'll give you three guesses to decide what happened to our bread, and it has nothing to do with an oven-malfunction or a cat. Dillon decided he was hungry and I guess he likes the crust. We sure love the little guy, but oh can he make a mess! He just walks around all day "un-doing" things. I constantly have every pair of shoes in our house scattered throughout the kitchen and living room. He likes to try them on. He also loves to take my curling irons out of the bathroom drawer, turn the wheels on my quilting machine, taste the cat food, mangle Todd's glasses (they died a tragic death this morning), take the spare change off our bedroom dresser, crawl up my quilt ladder to reach stuff on top of the computer armoire, open the boys dresser drawers in order to climb higher, take CD's out of their cases, open the wood-burning stove to play with the ash, take all my cookie sheets and the cooling rack out of the cupboard and step on them, un-roll the toilet paper, push on the soap dispenser (such delight), hide my kitchen towels, help unload the dishwasher (while I'm loading), unfold the laundry (just after I've folded it), and this is just his morning routine! The worst part is that when he's done "un-doing" he gives me the biggest, sweetest smile in the whole world, and says, "Hi" or "Da-Da" (so stinkin' cute).
Today, after lunch, Dilly was sitting in his high-chair still while I was crawling around under the table picking up noodles, bread crumbs, and other various foodstuffs, when I noticed that my job wasn't getting any smaller. I looked up at Dillon just in time to see him dropping noodles on the floor (one at a time) for me to pick up.
He's just not catching my vision of a clean, and organized house. I guess that's why we call him Dilly-willy-doodle-all-the-day, 'cause that's just what he does.
1 comment:
This is hilarious and a perfect visual for anyone considering having boys! They find new ways to get into things every day don't they? Keep up the good work Felicia!
Post a Comment