Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Cute things the kids said (or did) this week . . .

Caleb set the table the other night and when we all sat down, he enthusiastically said, "Good job sitting where I put you, Dad!"

Dilly learned to say "bus" and "titty" (kitty).

Brayden read the book One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by himself! (the condensed "bathtime" version).

Caleb said a prayer this week and said, ". . . please help Dillon to know better and not make such a mess when he eats."

We took our kids to Olive Garden when we were in Salt Lake last week (something we've never dared do, but it was late and we were hungry, and the restaraunt was right there). Their behavior was amazing. I'm still in shock and awe at how polite and good mannered they were. While we were there, Caleb picked up his cloth napkin and wiped salad dressing off his face, and I was just about to praise his good manners when he looked at the dressing on the napkin, then proceeded to lick it all off :)

We went to Brayden's first parent teacher conference and he's getting straight A's. (I couldn't believe they actually keep track of points in kindergarten, but they do!) We have a code to access his grades/tardies/absences online any time we want.

I was using transfer paper this week, to transfer some lettering onto a rock (long story). Anyway, Brayden thought the paper was "magic" and later on, I overheard him telling Caleb about "transforming" paper, and he was trying to trace letters on regular paper and have them show up underneath.

Caleb started preschool, and once again he's been shafted. It's the middle-child-syndrome. I wanted to take a picture of him on his first day, but I couldn't find the camera. So Brayden got five pics on the blog of his first day, and Caleb barely gets mentioned. If he ever complains, I'll show him the stack of Dillon's birth announcements that I never mailed out.

You all should see Dillon haul our cats around the yard. I wish I could write about it, but it's just not the same as seeing it. Usually, when he drops them, we all yell "Run, Charlie, Run!!" 'cause Dilly is a bit rough when he "loves" the cats.

No comments: