Monday, December 03, 2007

Making progress


Before
and
After

As soon as we finished putting in our new kitchen floor, we put up bead board and re-painted the kitchen wall. Thanks to Aunt Anita for finding the perfect color--Providence Olive. I'm working on mudding and taping the hole where we took out our half wall, and then I'll start painting my cabinets. They'll be a pain 'cause I have to sand, prime, paint, sand the edges, antique them, and then add a clear coat. So I basically have to do the whole project six times--while we're living in it. I think I'll have to wait until after Christmas for that one.
Unfortunately, the countertops will have to remain orange for now.

* If it looks like Dillon's picture is sideways, that's because it is....for the time being. I've ordered one in "portrait" format from Costco.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new look for the wall, especially Dillon's picture hanging up side-ways!

mommymelb said...

I may have my girls rooms painted, but you are totally kicking my can in the kitchen remodel! I love the wall, it looks so nice. I also see the small wall we're going to do vinyl on! Wonderful!

Lexi said...

It looks really good! And I wouldn't have noticed that Dillon's picture is sideways. :-) We had orange countertops in our college apartment. Seeing yours bring back so many memories. (We also had an avacado green stove and fridge to go with ours)

Mindy said...

Wow! Wow! Double wow!!! Come help me put beadboard up in my kitchen and redo my kitchen floor!!!