Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Never a dull moment

Tonight I rushed home from an Achievement Day activity to put dinner in the oven (to take to my neighbor's) before we all had to rush to the high school for the annual Christmas Operetta that is put on by the elementary school kids.
I had just gotten my meatballs in the oven and the rice cooker going when Dillon fell against a barstool, and put a 1/4" deep gash between his nostrils. Luckily, Todd was on his way home from work and arrived within minutes (after I'd cleaned up all the blood). Todd took Dillon to the clinic to get stitches while I finished dinner and took it next door. Then Brayden, Caleb, and I snarfed a few bites of dinner down before leaving for the program.
The doctor opted to "super glue" Dillon's nose gash, and he and Todd went to the local restaurant for pie (their dinner) before meeting us at the high school.


Caleb was a darling little elf. When his class came out on stage, he saw us immediately and proceeded to wave (frantically) for at least 45 seconds. They sang "Santa's little helpers" and "Toyland".
Sorry this picture is blurry--it's the best of three. Brayden was a Christmas tree. He's been worried for days because his shirt was not "Christmas green" but I told him he would blend in just fine. His class sang "Silent Night" and "O Christmas Tree". Each child got to hold a battery powered candle, and our child used his candle to write his name in the air through an entire song. Then, before exiting the stage, he raised his hand high like the statue of liberty. So much for "blending in".

3 comments:

mommymelb said...

Oh I'm so sorry about Dillion! That had to have hurt! Was the Operetta as long as it was last year? :)

Charlotte said...

How fun! Your kids definitely each have their own personalities as shown all too well here. I can totally imagine Caleb waving, Brayden worrying, and of course, Dilly doing something that eventually ends up with a trip to the clinic... we're glad Dilly's okay!

Mindy said...

Poor Dillon! Hope he heals soon! And cute pictures with Brayden!