
Well, folks--it happened. I turned 30 yesterday. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.
The following is a list of "age-appropriate" activities for 30 yr. olds.
I can now:
...go to Macy's and try on a few holiday themed cardigan sweaters.
...buy a coordinating pin to go with the sweater.
...take a fiber laxative (but only after I purchase it using a manufacturer's coupon).
...buy myself a new, age appropriate swimsuit.
...test drive my dream mini-van...oh wait, I already own it.
...order a nice, new pair of mom-jeans from JC Penney or Sears.
...treat myself to a short, easy-to-manage haircut.
...clean my house to the soothing sounds of Kenny G, and other favorites from Lite FM100.
...have my kids teach me how to take a picture using my cell phone.
...purchase TUMS in bulk from Costco
...buy a pair of nylons to wear with my open-toe sandals
After reading through this list, I have to tell you that the thing that gives me the MOST satisfaction, is that between February of this year, and November of 2009, the following people will all have joined with me in this new "30's" club: my bro-in-law Michael, my cousin Michael, my sis-in-law Melece, my sis-in-law Becky, my sis-in-law Elizabeth, my sis-in-law Cherish, my cousin Heidi, my friends Tricia, Cami, and Melanie, and my brother Tyler.
Red-rover, red-rover, OUR young years are over...and teenagers everywhere think WE are old.
Most of this post is taken from a post on The Lawson's Do Dallas in August 2007.






8 comments:
Oh Happy 30th!!!! I think you'll look lovely in your holiday themed cardigan sweater!!! :) :)
Did you have a nice day? I hope so you deserve it!
Add me to the 30's list...I'll be joining the club in October, just in time for that lovely Halloween cardigan! :)
Happy Belated Birthday!
Happy Birthday, Felicia!!! 30 isn't so bad... I really love wearing my nylons with my open toed sandals. ;)
Happy 30th! I'm 32 and love it! Don't we look wiser now? And it's nice not to be alone in the 30's club.
I've felt old for years now because I don't listened to FM music. I've been addicted to talk radio.
Lol, nice touch mentioning everyone else who has turned 30 he he. Just to make you feel better, I can't see you in a holiday themed cardigan sweater :) HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY.
Hey! I resemble those remarks!
Happy Birthday, Felicia. I found your blog through Sandra's. Hey, someday you'll be like me and look back and think 30 is young! Your blog is great. It's fun to "see" you guys again. Angie Mann http://roryandangie.blogspot.com/
Happy Birthday!! I thought of you today while I was buying fabric. I hope you had a great birthday. When are you coming through? The Groethe Bed and Breakfast is always open!
Post a Comment