I think he was spinning in circles while he took this one.
Uncle Ty, is there a math problem we can do to figure out how tall the person is who took the picture from this angle?
We also organized the closet

We built Dillon's "wagon wheel bed" and brought this chest of drawers up from the basement. The boys wanted a cactus in their room, so we went to Wally-World and bought one (you can see it on the dresser).
I love pictures of shoes lined up, so I had to get a shot of the boys' cowboy boots :o)
We painted the "barn door" and the "hen house" yesterday, and next we're going to put white molding around the outside of the closet doors. We're getting a better stuffed chicken or rooster for the "hen house" soon, and we'll add some raffia for hay. We're looking for a really small weather vane to put on top if anyone knows where we can get one...
In other news, our grass head people got new "do's", and Todd got a new bonsai tree. It's called a pony-tail palm, and the "curliness" of the leaves makes me smile every time I look at it.
Our toilet leaked all night last night and caused a "mell-of-a-hess". I think we may have to replace the floor boards. We needed to paint the cabinets and re-paint the walls anyway, but it wasn't exactly on the schedule for this week.
Todd left church after Sacrament meeting to come home and rip out our laminate floors. We won't do that in a bathroom again, 'cause this is the third time we've gotten water under it. Now we have the lovely old linoleum floor until we rip it up. It's a good thing we have a toilet downstairs. I'm sure wishing we had the shower and sink put in down there...
We found a new recipe that we like. It's called Brownie crackles. They are very easy, and very good. It's more for dark chocolate lovers, but I do like them (and I'm on the milk choc. side).
Brownie Crackles1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9 size)
1 cup flour
1 egg
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
confectioners sugar
In a mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, flour, egg, water, and oil; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Place confectioners' sugar in a shallow dish. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into sugar; roll to coat. Place 2" apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 1/2 dozen (or 1 serving :o)
Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar?Upcoming events in our household:
- Re-do the bathroom upstairs
- Finish the bathroom downstairs
- Build window boxes
-Till the garden
-Finish painting the outside trim and our new doors
-Plant grass in the backyard (it died last year when we didn't water it for a couple months).
-Trip to Logan to see Beauty and the Beast for my birthday
-Todd's thesis is being presented at UAMFT (Utah Association for Marriage and Family Therapists) conference in a couple weeks!
-HMQS (Home machine quilting show) will probably have to take a back seat this year 'cause there's just too much going on :o( .
-I'm WAY behind in quilting. Would anyone like to take my kids for a couple months so I can catch up? I've got 18 quilts right now, and one lady has been waiting since last July.
-Speaking of kids, their Spring Festival is this Thursday, and I've got to make 12 statue of liberty costumes for the kindergarteners...
-School is out on May 23rd. I've got mixed emotions about this. On one hand, we will have three months of homework free nights. On the other hand, I can't even imagine what our food bill is going to be. My least favorite words these days are: "I'm Hungry". And then there's the problem of having "helpers" all day long. Thank heaven's for a "humpaline".







8 comments:
Ahh the work is never done eh? Good luck with all your upcoming projects. I took the kids to the Tea Party with Bell and they had fun. Andrew wanted to go too so he was the only "Prince" there. Thanks for posting about it.
I'm betting on Dillon for the pictures. The boys room is cute... love the cactus :0). Sorry about your bathroom. Congrats to Todd about his thesis. Good luck on the Statues of Liberty and I'm excited to see you this weekend!
You have been busy!!!! I'm going to get your mock-ups done tomorrow...
I have mixed emotions about summer vacation too...I've got the hungry monsters too, but they're only hungry for snacky things. I mean would it kill anyone here to eat a carrot?
Okay rant over. Your boys room is so adorable I love it!
I took Emily to see Bell too - she loved and didn't want to leave! Except I had all three girls and they don't make those old buildings very double stroller friendly! :) I think we may try to take her to the play too - she needs some mommy daddy time with just her. I love the boys bedroom! Michael saw them and it got him excited to start painting our house - thanks!!!
oh wow! it looks awsome!!!! i need to come over and see it for myself! can you start painting my house? what's a few more projects on your already waaaaaaay too long list?!
Whew, I'll try to remember everything I wanted to say. The room is looking good! I love the boots lined up... we have a whole shelf of cowboy boots. (Brandon has found a lot at DI... we just store the ones they've grown out of or are yet to grow into up there). Fun grass heads and curly palm! I wish any of my plants looked that good. I'm so sorry about your bathroom! That stinks! Well, I'm not sure that it stinks... maybe it smells okay... Those brownie crackles look like Grandma Smith's Snow on the Mountain cookies, but the recipe looks easier. I'm going to have to give them a try! YUm! And they have the added bonus of leaving evidence... Your to do list makes me tired. I don't even want to think of our to do list. I'm pretending I don't have anything to do. I'm so with you on the "I'm hungry" thing. That's right up there with "I'm bored." both make me want to tear my hair out.
I love the pics of the boys' room. And the boots. Too cute!
Post a Comment