I much prefer this activity to the one the boys did yesterday using the styrofoam that was also in the box...you can see bits of styrofoam all over the floor.
I made these quilted fish years ago and they have been the best! There is a metal washer sewn onto each side of the batting that's between the fabric. Then I quilted the fish with my regular sewing machine (lower the feed dogs and use the hopping foot), and cut around the edge with pinking sheers.
The boat is big enough for two, so I think I'll join him for a minute before starting my day...






7 comments:
Great idea for making fish. I'm going to copy you. My son is in school now, but he'll love it! Thanks for sharing the idea.
Um....I really like the Boat. I have good memories of card board boxes from my childhood. they are almost like an escape from reality for me. I can never resist climbing into the things and, well... escaping even now. Maybe I'll come over tomorrow.
Cooper just walked over and saw the picture and said, "Cool!!!" Obviously it's boy-approved! :)
You are so dang creative! I bet Aspen will be jealous someday that you aren't her mom!
You have the best ideas. :)
you are amazing.
When I grow up, I hope I'm a cool mom like you...
Post a Comment