Tuesday, February 03, 2009

A groundhog day tradition

I like to try and celebrate the "uncelebrated holidays" like groundhog day and flag day with my kids. It's just an excuse to do something out of the ordinary.

Watching cupcakes bake :o)

Dillon helped pick the groundhog clipart online, and then helped cut them out and tape them to toothpicks. Since we only had white frosting on hand, and I didn't want to make any, our groundhogs were popping out of the snow. They did NOT see their shadows.

Dillon said, "Aw...Dey awe tute!"

After it was all over, Dillon asked, "Mom, What's a dwoundhod?"
Oh well. At least he had fun.

8 comments:

Charlotte said...

So cute. You're a good mom.

Mindy said...

You're the funnest mom ever! They are very tute! And they look delicious!

Sterling said...

They are really cute. I didn't even remember it was Groundhog's Day. Maybe when Abby is older I'll do cute things like that.

Sandra said...

Very fun. I was wondering what I could do with the kids for groundhogs day, I'll have to keep that in mind for last year. We just looked up groundhog and read up why we celebrate it. Andrew was excited to hear that in Europe it was a hedgehog that they used. He loves sonic the hedgehog so it was cool.

Violadiva said...

Is Dillon-ese as tute as Caleb-ese?

Nicole said...

That is such a fun idea! You are the funnest mom. I'm excited too see you guys next Thursday, I bet you are excited too see your family and that new little baby niece!

Kellee said...

Cute. We watched a couple of videos of Punxatony (sp) Phil but didn't do cupcakes! I love Dillon's John Deere shirt!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

You've always had the funnest ideas!