
In my last post, I mentioned that Todd started plumbing the bathroom sink downstairs. It started out quite well. What man wouldn't love to play with a blow torch (and a fire extinguisher) on a Saturday afternoon?
This was his first attempt at cutting into an existing line, and I think he did a great job, but there is one pesky joint that still has a leak...which means that our water is turned off.
The bad part, is that I finally got the "bug". I've been throwing up all night. And we have no water. THANK HEAVENS we have water storage because I've been using 2 liter bottles to wash my hands, brush my teeth, and flush the toilet.
What I have found, however, is that we do not have anywhere near enough water in our storage. What if we'd been without water while the boys were sick?
Todd was up nearly every hour through the night, trying to fix that joint, but after turning the water on each time and still having a leak, he has to turn it back off and wait for the pipes to dry before trying again. If there is any water in the pipe, it turns to steam and tries to escape out of the newly soldered joint.
I cannot wait to take a bath...






7 comments:
I'm so sorry that you've been sick... and no water? That's horrible! I hope you have water and health soon!
Oh man thats not fun. I hope you feel better and that the pipe gets fixed so you can take a bath.
I wish we were closer, and you could come to my house and I'd let you sleep on my couch with all the water you would need! :)
Feel better! I'm crossing my fingers for water soon!
So sorry you got it too! I hope you get running water again soon.
Feel better soon!
Have you tried JV Weld? Our leaky pipes that I fixed with them have held for two years. I also fixed our copper pipes in Texas when the pipes broke the night before we were supposed to leave for Mexico. It isn't beautiful and is like something from the Red Green Show but will weld the pipes together with no leaks. I suggest wrapping the JV Welded area with plumbers tape while it is drying.
The mechanic at our work fixed the radiator on the tractor with JV Weld by heating it and pouring it inside where it coated the inside surface and held under pressure and high temperature for three years.
Its better than duct tape.
Post a Comment