Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It runs in the family...


I got a call from the school this morning, telling me that Brayden had hit his head on the door while going into the school and he needed stitches.

I ran over to pick him up and the secretary and principal were completely bewildered. They couldn't imagine what he'd possibly done.

I was able to reassure them that Brayden's grandpa Salisbury, and "uncle pianoman" had both done the same thing before (only they passed out) so it must run in the family.

Three hours, four Tylenol, and five stitches later, he's back in school.

I guess I'll start my day now. These are the times that I am so grateful to be a SAHM.

13 comments:

Charlotte said...

Poor kid. At least that's a cool place to have a scar... Jon has one there, too, I believe.

girlsmama said...

Ouch! Doors can be mean...

Becky G said...

phew! I was afraid it came from the Graves side!! I hope it doesn't hurt too bad!

Julie said...

A + T told me all about it. scary! But it does make him look tough! Hope he is doing better poor guy!

Mindy said...

Brayden looks so grown up!!! That is really funny... sad, but funny. At least he's in good company. ;)

Sandra said...

Poor Brayden. Yep it sure is good that you were home to get that call.

Kellee said...

He really does look so grown up! Poor kid...hopefully there won't be too much of a scar if there is one. That's a pretty good pirate mark. Too bad it's not Halloween :)

Ashton and Shanda Call Family said...

Poor little guy! Ouch

Anita said...

Running into doors does run in the family...not my favorite family tradition. Hope he's feeling better!

Nicole said...

Poor Guy, I hope he gets feeling better. I think stitches will be in Taylor's future. He's always running into things! Are you guys still planning on coming up tommorow? I'm not sure if I've ever given you my address!

Marci said...

dave does that constantly... i tease him that he has a h.o.u.s... like the rats in princess bride...head of unusual size. ha ha ha
glad he's ok!

Trina said...

Hey Felicia. I was just catching up on all your blog posts. I love reading them. You have such a great way of writing. I need to learn to have your patience. I can't think of much else that is as trying as taking care of a sick family. I am glad they are getting better and so sorry about Brayden's stitches. That happened to Talden a couple of years ago when he was out for recess he slipped and fell on the playground. He had stitches on the same eye but just under his eyebrow. It was right before Halloween and we told him to be Frankenstein, but he didn't think it was too funny. Hope you are all staying well. I loved the post of your Utah adventures. It is so beautiful there!

mommymelb said...

Oh I am so sorry for Brayden! I can't believe how big he is getting. I tell the kids to stop growing all the time, they just laugh at me. :o)