Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Family Yahtzee

I saw a homemade yahtzee game tutorial on this blog, and I had to make it!

Todd cut the 2" wood blocks for me, and I used an electric sander to sand them (for all of you who live within range of a craft store, you can just go pick up some wooden blocks...be sure and think of me while you're there).

I had to wait over a week for Todd to fix our printer so I could print the pictures and the scrapbook paper, and after a couple hours of painting and mod-podging, they're finished.

You can download actual Yahtzee score cards online (just google it), but I made my own so they're a little easier for the kids.

Dillon has the barfies today :o( so we'll have to play as soon as he's feeling better.

8 comments:

Cathy Brian said...

cute, Cute, CUTE!!! I've gotta find my spark again. I lost it at about 38. Now I feel so swamped with dishes, Laundry and kids that my spare time is at 10:00 P.M. and I'm to tired to cut, sand, modge podge or what ever. Goal: Find my crafty spark and apply it, again. That really is cute and I love yahtzee!!!!

Marianne said...

That is adorable! I love it!

Violadiva said...

Ooh! Think of all the Family Night possibilities. Good work!

girlsmama said...

That looks like tons of fun! I think I feel a project coming on!

Sandra said...

That is so cool! How fun. I hope Dillon is feeling better.

Cathy Brian said...

K, I loved your thing at the park this morning. I am so excited to try some of the activities.. You've got some of the luckiest kids around!!!
Thanks soooo much.

juli said...

OK - this is the cutest project! I might have to actually be crafty again for a few minutes!

Shell said...

Great list. We're always wondering what to do. Hey, by the way, did you notice that "The Thrifty Chick" (the one you got your Yahtzee game from) died of a stroke just 14 days after having her fourth baby? That has made me sad all day thinking about it.