Brayden and Caleb wanted their own garden this year, so Todd tilled them a couple rows (we're talking about 4' x 8'. I figured it wouldn't last, because last year didn't go so well, but they have watered that garden every day this week, on their own, without being asked. I know because whenever I need the sprinkler for the front yard, I find it back by their garden. The day we planted it, Caleb announced, "this is the BEST day of my life."
On Sunday, I turned the sprinkler on for my newly planted strawberries, and then got busy making dessert, and forgot about it. I woke up at 5:00 AM Monday morning in a panic when I remembered I was still watering my strawberries. I threw a sweatshirt on and ran outside, and the water was off, and the hose wasn't even headed out to the strawberries. I followed the hose and it ended at the boys' garden (and was turned off). That was the first proud moment. They're doing better than me!
We introduced our Summer Program to the boys at FHE last night, and this morning they did their morning jobs willingly. I truly never thought it would happen.
It makes my heart happy.






2 comments:
Wow. My heart would be happy, too.
Oh, those are the moments that make everything worth it. It helps that your boys have such amazing parents! :)
I love your summer schedule!
Post a Comment