Saturday, June 20, 2009

Stalling...

Setting: 10:15 PM. I am downstairs searching the net for summer fun idea's for my upcoming enrichment class, and Dillon (who is supposed to be in bed) comes to the top of the stairs to ask some very important questions. Todd is passed out on the spare bed next to the computer (he's had a fever for two days).

Dillon: "Mom!"

Me: "What, Dilly?"

Dillon: "Mom? Would you be afwaid of a twotodioe as bid as a house?"

Me: "Yes, Dillon, I WOULD be afraid of a crocodile as big as a house!"

Dillon: "Mom! Would you be afwaid of a twotodioe as bid as a smawe house?"

Me: "Yes, I would be afraid of a crocodile as big as a small house."

Dillon: "But Mom! It would tate YEAWS foe him to eat you. You awe BID!"
translation: But Mom, It would take years for him to eat you. You are BIG.

Todd: ...suddenly alive and laughing hysterically.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

that is funny. i can't wait til my girl is old enough to say things like that to me. hopefully i can remember to laugh.

girlsmama said...

That is a good one. Especially the live and awake Todd. Aren't you glad you are so BID.

Shanda Call said...

HA!!! Ah the things children say! Oh they are so fun!

The Mann Clann said...

That's hilarious! And exactly the reason I don't want my little ones to grow up.

Sandra said...

So funny. I love the way you write how he says things.