Caleb is a pretty special little boy. I've always felt it. I know he has a specific mission here on earth, and has been blessed with talents that will help him to acheive whatever it is. His "mission" was mentioned in both his baby blessing, and his confirmation blessing. We are so grateful to have him in our family.
Since many of you didn't get to see his baptism slideshow, I thought I'd share a few pictures and stories here.
The top two pictures in this collage are legendary. I think Caleb was about 18 mos. old at the time, and Brayden covered his face and hair in Desitin (diaper rash creme). Washing it off proved to be quite difficult since diaper creme is WATERPROOF. I called a friend who had recently looked it up online, and she told me to use corn starch to get it out...so that is picture #2. The cornstarch worked, but it wasn't Caleb's best day ever.The bottom left, is Caleb's 6 mos. "holiday" picture. I have a picture of Brayden at 6 mos. in an easter basket, so I took a fall scarecrow picture of Caleb. Dillon is the third child so he didn't get a holiday picture...he probably didn't even get a 6 mos. picture. Anyway, in almost all of Caleb's baby pictures he has the biggest smile, and the poor kid had reflux and seizures until he was 18 mos. old. He didn't sleep through the night until he was over a year, so my smile wasn't quite so big...
The last one really shows Caleb's personality. You can't see it, but Brayden fell asleep in Caleb's bed. Rather than waking up his brother, Caleb happily settled down for the night in a laundry basket with his favorite blanket. I think he really would've slept there if we hadn't found him. He has always been considerate of other people's feelings.
The top left is another "legendary" picture. Caleb and Dillon got into a mud fight, and it was hysterical to watch. My neighbor told me that she and her husband watched the whole thing from their kitchen window over dinner. Dillon's pants got so heavy from being wet that they fell off :o) He is a great big brother.The top right is a picture of Caleb snuggling with his cousin Sam. Caleb is quite popular with several of his cousins...again, it's his personality and consideration of others.
The bottom left is a picture of Brayden and Caleb running out to the van after school. Nowadays, they walk home, but Brayden's teacher told me that Caleb goes into Brayden's class every day after school, and helps him gather his homework and get his "ducks in a row" before they start their walk home. He also reminds Brayden to walk to the church for scouts on the appropriate day. He is a great little brother.
The picture of Caleb with the bandaid on his mouth is one of my favorites. He had a small cut on his lip and INSISTED on having a bandaid. At first I tried to talk him out of it, and then I decided that only good could come from it :o)
When the boys started walking home from school last year, Caleb brought me one of these little "weed flowers" along with a smile, every single day. He often melts my heart.Last year, we got a letter from the principal and at first I was worried, but it turned out to be a letter telling us what a great citizen Caleb is, and how he is an example to the kids around him.
He's very stubborn, but we finally convinced him to sing in sacrament meeting a few weeks ago and I was oh, so proud. He loves to sing and several people commented that he made them cry.
When we made his birthday wish list a few weeks ago, he said, "Mom, the only thing I really want is my baptism". I think the spirit we felt at his baptism has something to do with what a special kid he is.
We love you, Caleb!






6 comments:
I loved every story! I need a Caleb... we forget scouts more times than I care to admit. What a sweet boy he is!!
I think every family needs a Caleb!
He is a cutie. I'd watch out, looks like he could be a heartbreaker when he grows up. Unless he's already breaking little second graders hearts :) Love the picture, I remember the desitin story, yikes, I'm sure it wasn't fun at the time but you can laugh about it now.
Now I'm almost crying. What a sweet kid.
Oh, and how'd the derby go?
Cute pictures!
Post a Comment