Monday, June 18, 2007

The Graves family and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

The boys slept out in a tent last night, and now they are cranky as can be. And when I got out of bed this morning I discovered a cold in my chest and coughed until I nearly peed my pants and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good very bad day.

At breakfast this morning we had Honey Nut Cheerios (again) because when you bought six boxes you got two free gallons of milk. We can't make any juice because Todd ruined three of our pitchers when he used them to feed the dog. The other two (my precious Pampered Chef pitchers) both broke within a week of each other. I can't get another pitcher until we make a trip to Wal-Mart which is 45 minutes away. I think we'll have to move to Australia.

Our livingroom is buried in laundry that needs to be folded and I'm three weeks behind in quilting and I brought home two boxes of strawberries from Aunt Hollie's so I need to make jam today, but our neighbor brought over his scaffolding, so we worked on painting the house instead. We painted, and painted, and painted, and still didn't finish even one side of the house. The CD player (which was inside the house) got stuck and played the same note for about 10 minutes and we were too busy painting to run inside and fix it.
I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
I think we'll have to move to Australia.

We ran out of primer so I went to the hardware store to buy more, and while I was out I had to stop at the post office, and then the grocery store to buy pectin so an hour and $50 later I finally got back to painting. While we were painting, Caleb announced that he broke the car and as I was running around the house to see the broken car, I tripped on a large rock and scraped my ankle.

When I got to the car, I saw that Caleb had thrown a rock through the drivers side window and shattered it into a million gazillion pieces. I could tell that this was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good very bad day.

I yelled at Caleb until my throat hurt and then I put on a leather glove and picked out the rest of the glass. I drove over to the Napa where they fix cars and the lady at the counter told me I wasn't the only one this has happened too. Her son hit a baseball through her house window. At least my house window needs to be replaced. I think we'll have to move to Australia.

I called my insurance company and found out that if we claim the $314 bill (in addition to the windshield we need to have replaced next month before we register our other car) we will no longer qualify for our yearly cashback bonus that we receive every August. That was going to be our school clothes money. I could tell that this was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

When I returned home from Napa, Todd got called in to work, even though he had the day off. I was too tired to think and the boys were killing each other loudly so I decided to take a nap. When Todd got home he tried to make our computer run faster and accidentally uninstalled Microsoft Office. Now he'll have to use WordPerfect. This was turning out to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

When it was past time for dinner I defrosted some freezer burned hamburger buns and some freezer burned hot dogs so we could eat. Now Todd is whining 'cause he wants his hair cut and I'm whining 'cause we still have to make jam, and take down the tent tonight. I really need some chocolate but the store closes at 8:00 and it's 8:38. I planted our garden a week and a half ago and nothing is coming up and our house is 87 degrees and our ceiling fan broke again. I think we'll have to move to Australia.

After we got the boys in bed, Todd went to the local restaurant to get a couple of milkshakes to make us feel better and I sat mine on the front step so I could water the flowers and the cat started eating it. Then Todd tried to move our PVC pipe sprinkler across the lawn and it broke (again). We have had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

My mom says some days are like that, even in Australia.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All this happened in ONE day?

Anonymous said...

I was once told that you should eat a live frog first thing every morning. That way, your day can only get better.

After hearing about your day, I'd rather eat the frog.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so sorry! I happen to have a LOT of chocolate at my house right now, so maybe we should get together and share!

I hope today is better for you!

smdc said...

I'm so sorry for you! I'm down with Char's frog idea. Maybe you should get a few to keep, just in case!

Anonymous said...

Can't...stop...laughing!!!! Oh Felicia, how I miss having you around. And just when I thought my life was sucking today, you have brought a smile to my face. I guess all we have to do is write about our horrible days and share them with each other, then laugh. :) You are such a trooper. Luv ya, Shauntae

Mindy said...

I'm so sorry about your day! I have days that I would like to join you in Australia, but I can't think of one to top that right now. Although Tyler did run over the top of my car 2 days ago and he broke the windshield wiper and cracked the window somethin' fierce.... I can still see to drive, though, and Idaho doesn't make us get inspections before registration. So, I'm thinking I'll probably live with it that way for a looooong time!