Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Who could resist this face?

Poor Dillon. This afternoon his big brothers were working on their "summer activity of the day" which was searching for, cutting, and pasting letters from magazines onto their worksheets. I gave him some stickers and a paper, but I guess it wasn't good enough for him. While I was trying to get some chores done (and after Brayden and Caleb had finished their activity and gone downstairs to play by themselves), Dillon took the glue stick and used it ALL OVER his face. Some of his eyelashes are actually glued to his eyelid.
After he got his turn to use the glue, he tried to go downstairs and play with the big boys but they wouldn't have it. He was SO sad. He came to me crying, and then left for a second and came back with syrup and asked for pancakes with mommy.
How could I resist such a cute kid with blobs of purple glue stick all over his cheeks? So at 4:45, just before time to start dinner, Dillon and Mommy had pancakes together at the bar--just the two of us.
Now I'd better get my meatloaf in the oven, and try to figure out how to get the glue off his eyelashes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute precious story! He really is adorable, and I love that you sat down and had pancakes right before dinner. You are a good mommy.