Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Before and After (or middle, rather)


Here's the front of our house before and after we painted. We actually still have to paint the trim next to the roof, but at least we covered up the "scabs" from the pressure washing. I had dreams of 3'-4' tall multi-colored zinnia's all across the front of the house, but found out a few weeks ago that there's no way they'll grow from seed here :o(
So, I ran to the nursery and got two flats of petunia's instead. They won't get tall, but I'll have to worry about finding "tall stuff" next year.
My house numbers are still waiting for cute little wooden or rusty tin stars to go next to the numbers, and I've got Todd building me a primitive looking ladder to go between the windows on the left (in all his spare time).
We pulled out the shrubs that lined the driveway. I miss the "greenness" but they really were nasty shrubs. We got starts of cotoneasters (sp?) and so far they're alive. I can't wait until they're big and bushy along the driveway.
I'm having fun trying to make my house look better
but it sure does take a LOT of time and $$!

4 comments:

smdc said...

It's looking nice!! It looks hot there. Is it?

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome....I bet you could turn a weed into a rosebush. :)

Mindy said...

Wonderful job! It's really looking good! I can't wait to see your finished product...

Ashton and Shanda Call Family said...

I couldn't get this comment thing to work for a while. Anyway Felicia, I did want to stop by your house while we were in Loa, but I didn't have your number and didn't know what your house looked like. Too bad this picture came a little late. I woulv'e called your mom for your #, but Loa doesn't get reception with sprint...not ours at least. I LOVE the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day post by the way!