Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas morning 2008

Well, we failed the grandma's this year. We took very few pictures, and those that we took are not great.
We had a fun day. The kids slept in until 8:00 (yeah!) and we took our time opening presents...stopping to play with things in between so it took until nearly 10:00 before we finished un-wrapping.

Santa brought each boy a new Webkinz pet, and they have been a huge hit. Brayden got the bat he's wanted, Caleb got a clownfish, and Dillon got a "neigh" (horse). Between the grandma's they got the last three planet heroes they needed (to finish their collection) and the Solar Quarters, where the Planet Heroes all convene to save the universe. Trust me, if the super megatronic cloud ever reaches critical mass and the universe hangs in un-balance...our kids WILL save us all. (probably while singing the theme song...)

The kids also got their first Nintendo game ('til now we just had a couple games for Todd) so they've had fun learning to play their Lego Star Wars game, although so far they still prefer the computer. They also got several new books, games, movies, and some new clothes.

Todd and I got very practical but WONDERFUL gifts. My parents gave us a TON of food storage (wheat, rice, cases of soup and tomatoes, #10 cans of fruit, and eggs, a 5 gallon bucket of powdered milk, and more) and Todd's mom gave us a grain mill (now we can actually USE our wheat) and a steam mop that is oh, so cool. It just makes you feel better to STEAM the floor around the toilet when you have three little boys. And I gave Todd a giant garbage can on wheels that is full of our 72 hour kits (almost completed) and a pump for our 50 gallon water drum.

I took two naps on Christmas; Todd worked on the bench he made for me (I'll show a picture after I get it painted--i LOVE it!) and in the late afternoon, we finally got dressed and went over to Vanessa's house to have Christmas dinner with her family and some other friends. (V's husband is still in Afghanistan--we're counting the days 'til he comes home).

It's been a wonderful, relaxing few days and I'm bummed that Todd has to go to work tomorrow. He's got a pretty screwy schedule for the next four weeks (working late four nights a week) and then hopefully things will settle down at work. (I keep saying that...but it never happens...) The kids have this week off, and I'm going to let them play the computer all they want, while I sew pillows to go with my new bed quilt.

2 comments:

Kellee said...

I'm bummed Joe has to go to work tomorrow too. I am looking forward to reading books while the kids play and play all week:)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Sounds like lots of fun!