Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A bouquet of "flours" and a visit from Grandma Great!

My dad's birthday is next week, and since he's a Baker, I made him a bouquet of flours. A baker's dozen flours, actually.
I found the logo's online, printed them on a T-shirt transfer, and ironed them onto these little sacks of flour that I made. The "vase" is a flour sifter, and the measuring spoons say "pinch, dash, and smidgen".

I wanted to send it to the florist at the grocery store where he works, and have her deliver it to him in the bakery, but realized he would be out of town. I ended up sending it with my Grandma and Aunt who stopped by on their way through last night.

I wish I had a better picture, but here is the proof that Grandma and Aunt Joyce were here. Their "check engine" light came on, so this morning Todd lifted the hood and the three of them checked that engine.

Todd said it looked like an engine.

We have no idea what was wrong, but they made it home safely today, so I'm grateful for that. I have nothing but good to say about Grandma and Aunt Joyce. I want to be like them in so many ways. They got here last night in time for dinner and homework (Aunt Joyce is a teacher and she sat with my kids through MANY pages of Math and books with really big words).

I'm so glad they stopped by, and I'm so glad we were so conveniently located! They dropped my cousin, Clarissa, off at Jacob Lake (near the Grand Canyon) where she will be working for the summer. We'll be headed off to visit Clarissa (and the Grand Canyon) soon, since we're only four hours away.

9 comments:

Lexi said...

Hey Felicia, we are planning a weekend camping trip to the grand canyon soon. Do you want to try and coordinate and meet up.
PS love the flour bouquet. It's perfect. He now has an "all-purpose" bouquet.

Mindy said...

I love Aunt Joyce and Grandma too! Two of the neatest ladies I've ever known... glad you got a visit! :)

I love love love the flour bouquet!! I'm sure your dad will think it's the greatest!

V and Co. said...

well i'm glad todd was there to make sure the engine didn't go off into the wilderness or something. apparently the car was nervous that it would.
your flours turned out great!

tania said...

That bouquet is TOO cute. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Leila said,

Great idea! and way cute. I love it in Stranger Than Fiction when he gives his baker lady "flours." One of our favorite movies.

Sandra said...

Fun idea for the bouquet of flours :)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Cutest. Bouquet. EVER!!

Charlotte said...

The funny thing is, OUR dad will actually like/love the bouquet.
:0) Very cute!

Shell said...

You are so creative! I love all the little touches that makes it complete!