Yes, it's a black widow.
Yes, that's my baseboard (it's behind the fridge...cut me some slack, I wasn't about to clean it before taking the picture).
Yes, it is "the last straw" and we WILL be having our house sprayed today...inside AND out.
We've had a TON of spiders this year...other bugs too.
Last week, when the boys were supposed to be going to sleep, Dillon came into the livingroom and asked, "Mom, do spidows hunt at night?"
I answered, "No, spiders don't hunt at night." (What was I supposed to say? I needed him to go to sleep)
He went back to his room and told "his boys", and I heard them saying "Yes they do! It's in our spider book. Wolf spiders hunt at night." (curse the day I bought the spider book)
Then Dillon came back. "Mom, awe dwown-up's always wight?"
I said, "Yes, buddy. Grown-up's are always right."
And he finally went to bed.
The next night, Dillon came running out of his room saying, "Mom, you awe doe-ing to fweat-out if you woot at my ceiwing." (translation: you are going to freak out if you look at my ceiling...where does he learn this stuff??) "Thewe is a spidow on it."
I decided to use this to my advantage, by telling him that spiders like messy rooms, so if he didn't like it there, he needed to keep his room clean. (like that would've stopped them...)
Instead, he's been sleeping on the floor in OUR bedroom for the past three nights...next to the giant laundry pile...that's probably home to a couple of spiders.






8 comments:
Ewe. I won't even think about the fact that just a month ago my kid was sleeping on the floor in your basement... Good think spiders don't hunt at night, eh?
It's funny. I was so exicted for spring to come and then I realized that with the beautiful weather comes the not so beautiful spiders! I have a picture similar to the one you posted of a brown recluse spider. The only difference is the pic I took is on the baseboard in my bedroom! yikes! Glad you found that spider and sprayed before there were any victims.
ps, I love that you type your son's comments the way he speaks them. so cute!
LOL, I love that he asked if Adults were always right ha ha. Ya... I would be spraying too.
O.K. I think I'm going to have my house sprayed, too. (shiver)
I think you should be more worried about Jacob coming to visit this weekend. It has been 2 years since you had an 18 month old terrorize your house. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Ewww. Someone just asked me a couple days ago if black widows live in Utah. I guess I know the answer now. We have spiders too, but not quite so nasty.
One of the labs I worked in had a pet black widow spider. We would drop flies into it's jar and then watch it wrap them up and suck out the juices. Your boys would love it.
oooo...we get sprayed because we have lots of those black widows and they kept coming inside. yuck!!!
hey...are you coming to the lunch at my house...i better hear (or read) a big fat YES! email me.
Post a Comment