Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day



This morning, we attended a short ceremony at our cemetery. I feel bad that we can't be in Washington to pay tribute to Todd's dad, so this was our next best option.

The American Legion did a 21 gun salute, and then one of them played taps on the bugle. Just as the bugle started, the wind picked up and the flags opened up so you could see them. One of the kids asked, "Did they plan that?" It was a perfect touch.

When we arrived, Brayden was asked to hold the Navy flag throughout the ceremony, which we thought was kind of neat.

Grandpa would have been proud.


Grandpa~
We love you,
we miss you,
and we are doing our best to live
so that we can all be together again.












1 comment:

Dedra said...

Felicia, Thank you for posting that family picture. I've seen it at Wendi and LArry's hosue, but it's nice to see it again. I loved Dave so much and still miss him. I feel lucky to have gotten to know him.