I think Dillon might be ambidextrous. Brayden started out doing this, and then became right-handed, but he was younger than Dillon when he stopped using both hands. Dillon seems to use his left a little more, but always colors with both hands.
Excerpt from wikipedia:
Ambidexterity is the state of being equally adept in the use of both right and left appendages (such as the hands). People that are born ambidextrous are extremely rare. Some people may be able to teach themselves to be ambidextrous, by practicing equally with both hands. People that are made ambidextrous are called Penwald ambidextrous; they can also stop being both-handed.
Although ambidexterity is rare, ambidextrous people may still gravitate towards performing certain types of tasks with a specific hand. The degree of versatility with each hand is generally the qualitative factor in determining a person's ambidexterity.






7 comments:
He is so cute! I love how he just switches every few seconds. My kids used both hands when they were two or three but then started with one hand. I'd be interested if he continues with it or not. Felicia your organizational wall looks AWESOME!!!!! How cool. It looks so nice too. I love it. Do you think Todd would make us one ha ha.
I'm one of those people that taught themselves to be ambidextrous. When I was in kindergarten, I realized that the only left-handed kids in our class were me and the fat kid. So I started practicing everything with my right hand. Now (24 years later) I switch thoughtlessly between the two. It's kind of helpful sometimes. :)
Huh! I've never seen a kid do that. Unless they were younger then one. Boy, that could come in handy.
He is sooooo cute.
I've never seen a kid do that either, very interesting!
Michael is SO mad at me for seeing your organizational wall - Now I want him to make me one! Ya right!
That is fascinating. I've never seen anything like it.
My sister can do this...it was always so cool that she could write and eat with both hands. Way to go Dillon!
Post a Comment