Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It's the first day of school!

I made it!

Our summer went well until we got home from our Washington vacation, and then everything kind of fell apart. It is most definitely time for school...for my house to stay clean for a few hours, for a normal bedtime, and for cooler weather. I love, love, love Autumn.

The only crying I did was yesterday, when I thought that I might not survive the final 18 hours of summer break without self-destructing. If I never hear the words, "Mom, I'm hungry" again, it will be too soon.

Thankfully, all of that is forgotten now that I've had a few hours to work on a project in glorious silence (pictures soon), and I'm sitting here looking at my cute boys who have grown way too fast.

Brayden is in 3rd grade this year!

...and Caleb is in 2nd grade.
I had to laugh last night when Caleb told me that Brayden
didn't look tall enough to be a 3rd grader.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

7 comments:

V and Co. said...

we made it! we made it! WE MADE IT! OH THANK HEAVENS WE MADE IT!!! {gasping for air}

V and Co. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlotte said...

I'm still counting down... 3 more years 'til school starts.

Brayden looks very 3rd grade to me. Caleb, on the other hand, is barely pushing 1st. :0)

Mindy said...

"The only crying I did was yesterday, when I thought that I might not survive the final 18 hours of summer break without self-destructing. If I never hear the words, "Mom, I'm hungry" again, it will be too soon."

If that's not the best sentence ever, I don't know what is!! Loved this post! :)

Sandra said...

They are so cute. Before I got to the ending I had the thought that Wow Caleb is in second grade he seems so little. Then to read your last comment it made me laugh. Hope you have a nice break with one at home :) To bad Dillon doesn't take a nap eh? Or does he? If so wow that would be nice huh.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

My two oldest are in 3rd and 2nd grades as well...and I remember when our boys were toddling around in diapers together!

Marci said...

oh those are some cute, cute boys.