One of my favorite parts of living in this small town/county is Fair week. It's not like the fairs where you live. It's a week long community event with 4 FREE meals, two rodeo's, a demolition derby, a parade, free concerts, free swimming, races, vendors, and a home arts show.
Today we had to go to mandatory school registration, and then we made our way to the IFA for a free lunch, and then to the community building to look at the quilts. Well, I looked at the quilts, while the boys looked at the lego sets built by 4-H kids.
Here's Dillon in the middle of the exhibits. I probably shouldn't have taken him into a public place after his free cheetos, hot dog, brownie, and root beer. He was required to keep his hands in his pockets so he wouldn't touch anything. The problem with not having a baby/diaper bag is that I no longer have wet wipes everywhere I go!

I quilted this quilt for one of the young women in my ward. She made it with her Grandma's help and did a GREAT job! This is her first quilt, and it's not an easy pattern.

Here's a close-up of the "yarn balls" that I quilted in the pink border:

I quilted this one for Vanessa. I love the thirties fabrics, and I will always love nine-patches.

I have at least 5 or 6 quilts of my own waiting to be quilted, but I didn't get them done in time for the fair, so I borrowed this one from my parents. I made it six years ago, right after I got my quilting machine.
Oh, and my mom (and Vanessa) will be thrilled to know that I finally finished the binding on that wall-hanging that's been displayed on my wall for the past 6 months, just so I could put it in the fair also. I forgot to take a picture of it, so I'll post it next week.
9 comments:
Yeah! You did it! I did think it was great to see it half finished hanging on the wall. That is something I would do.
How fun...the perks of country livin!
I love the fair! You do such a good job with your quilting. I loved looking at your "family history" quilt at Jon and Charlotte's reception. Keep posting pics of your work!
I loved fair week growing up. We always had a carnival come to town and that was big stuff. Four free meals huh...thats awesome. Those quilts look great.
wow! you are amazing! LOVE the yarn balls!
i saw it I SAW IT! and almost called you from my cell phone right there and then to congratulate you on your accomplishment!!! ;) -V
I love small town fairs! I love your quilting! I love quilts... but I haven't made one since Brenda's that you quilted. There's a time and a season for everything, right?
Fun, you're quilt is beautiful! i wish I had your talents in this area! :)
You are SOOOOO talented! I love all your quilts!
Post a Comment