Sunday, April 04, 2010

Caleb's 8th birthday

My, how time flies! I don't feel old enough to have 2 out of 3 kids baptized, but by this time next week I'll be just that old.

Caleb's birthday came amid the basement project, Spring Break, Easter, and Conference. It's been an insane week. We missed FHE last Monday because we had to make a last minute trip to Home Depot, so on Tuesday (when Caleb had his baptism interview) we "baptized our easter eggs by immersion" and had our lesson and egg dying all at once.

He wanted a "fish birthday" so I did my best with what we had. Our wrapping paper was in storage, so I wrapped everything with a roll of newsprint paper, and printed out some clownfish on the computer to "spice it up".

Between conference sessions, we had a picnic on the floor downstairs. We had tuna fish sandwiches, fish crackers, Nemo fruit snacks, and grapes (fish eggs).

He requested a clownfish pinata, which we started making earlier in the week, but we never finished it. Maybe we can get it done in time for his baptism. Notice what Brayden is wearing...we are completely out of laundry since our laundry room has been stacked with building supplies for the past week.


After the priesthood session, we had cake...sort of. I was completely worn out from attempting to bring some order to our house, and all I could muster was to buy a box of Twinkies from the store and arrange them in a "starfish" shape. Luckily, Caleb didn't seem to mind.

We spent today working on Caleb's baptism program. He will be baptized next Saturday, the 10th, and everyone is invited (although we understand if you can't make it since we live so far away).

If you are planning to come and need details, just call or e-mail me and I'll let you know the time and place.

6 comments:

Becky G said...

Happy Birthday, Caleb! Emily can't wait to see what you received for you birthday and to be there for you baptism! Wow! Eight years old! We love you and hope you had a great day!

p.s. I can see carpet in those pictures! It all looks great!!

Charlotte said...

Wish we could be there for the baptism. Give Caleb a hug for us (and an extra from Sam... he loves Caleb.)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

He's grown into such an adorable young-young man. :)
I don't know that I ever told you this, but the grace with which you handled Brayden's baptism program inspired me to truly enjoy my Ethan's baptism day instead of stressing about everything being prefect. I'll pray for you to have that same peace during Caleb's program. You are such an awesome example. Love ya!

Violadiva said...

yeah, let's see the carpet!

and gosh, even under extreme circumstances, your party planning is awesome!

Congratulations to Caleb. We won't be making it up, I'm afraid (though you never do know until the night before, do you?)

Sandra said...

WHAT???8 already? Wow time does fly. Although I have to say that he doesn't look eight to me, I think kids are looking younger and younger to me. I hope that his baptism goes well. I remember how crazy it was when we were finishing our basement. I was nine months pregnant with Jacob and putting up drywall. Not fun stuff. Did the carpet guy finally make it?

Anita said...

Happy birthday Caleb. Wish we could be there for your baptism!