
Here's Todd wearing a dorky, but functional hat as we arrived at our destination--the tanks. This hike was two miles round trip, and took us through a rocky/sandy trail that the pioneers actually pulled wagons through. I didn't get a picture of the pioneer registry, but there were tons of pioneer names carved into the walls of the rocks. If any of you took a picture of it, I'd love a copy.

"The tanks" turned out to be these two huge craters (that have water during some time of the year). They were full of the finest sand I've ever seen. If I were to do this hike again, I'd do it early so it wasn't as hot, and I'd take sand toys and a lunch so we could stay for awhile and play in this awesome sand. Unfortunately, the weather looked like a storm might be brewing so we had to hurry back. (we were in a place that is not allowed during storms because of the chance of flash flooding).

Here's Grandpa, Caleb, and Dilly playing in the sand before we headed back.
No comments:
Post a Comment