Todd and I are both attempting to lose 15-20 pounds in the next few months. I was super motivated last week, and now my excitement is waning.
I've been walking at 6:15 AM with "the girls" all summer which I've really enjoyed--not for the exercise, but for the visiting. But, starting tomorrow, Todd and my neighbor's husband are going to start working out at the Ranch in the mornings, so our walking has to end (unless I get up at 5:15, which I just don't think I can muster). Todd has also started playing softball and basketball with "the guys" on Thursday nights, so he's definitely on-track to lose faster than me.
I tried to get excited when I discovered Winsor Pilates on TV and recorded a few episodes so I could work out at home. But I have to admit, it's definitely the visiting that got me up in the mornings. We [girls] thought about walking in the evenings--but I have a hard time with that because it's the only time I get to see Todd. We could walk as a family, but it never turns out to be "active" enough to be called exercise.
Does anyone have any idea's for exercise that are fun, inexpensive, and can be done with kids swarming?
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Here's a few ideas for you:
1. Mop the floor by standing on a rag and doing "the twist"... you can even put on some music and have the kids dance with you.
2. March around the house, instead of walk. You'll look stupid, but if it's just your kids, who cares?
3. Play in the yard with the kids- kick a ball around. Play tag. Duck duck goose. Anything- even if it's just a few minutes a day.
4. Walk laps around the yard while the kids play.
If nothing else, just think of your daily tasks- cleaning, etc- may help you loose weight. I read an article in my Parenting magazine today about a study done with hotel maids. Half were told that their job counted as exercise, and half were told nothing. The ones who thought of their job as a workout lost, on average, 2 pounds and had lower blood pressure... all without changing ANYTHING except the way they thought about their job.
Good luck!
I love that you were walking with the ladies in the morning. That will be a great habit to adopt. Maybe you and Todd could alternate everyother day so both of you have personal time to exercise. Getting up and active in the morning is great for your metabolism. I also like char's idea of playing with the kids in the yard. They could wip anyone in shape. I personally like tag and soccer because you can play it will all the kids.
Another idea is putting together ten fast paced songs you like that get you fired up and do a stair stepping routine every day until your songs are over. You can use your imagination of who you want do do it and change it up so you don't get bored.
Check out podfitness.com. If you have an ipod or mp3 player, or even just your computer with it's speakers, they have great workouts with a trainer's voice. They even give you 10 free workouts to try them out with. I've found that I've been able to get a good cardio workout going again, when I'd been unable too with my knee injury. Definately has helped me!!
Post a Comment