Friday, September 14, 2007

Is anyone else confused?

Ok, so Jon commented that he didn't understand my PMS post. It makes perfect sense to me, but Todd says it "doesn't read well" so I'm clarifying. It was supposed to be funny. I'm poking fun at my own PMS. Todd has been nothing but WONDERFUL (as always), and yet because of raging hormones--I see and think the worst. It's really a tribute to him for his patience. Perhaps it's just the way it's written...I just don't want anyone to misunderstand and think I'm actually complaining about Todd--he's a saint.

I can't possibly be the only girl who feels this way on occasion...
Maybe you have to be a girl to understand??? Can anyone else relate?

8 comments:

Charlotte said...

I think Jon was trying to be funny as well. I've been PMS-ish this week as well, and I thought your post was hilarious. Made perfect sense to me. My hormones seem to take control of my thoughts and reason and could strip the silver lining off a sheet of tin-foil. My week has gone something more like this:

He said:
That shirt makes you look older.

What I heard:
You look frumpy and dumpy like a middle aged hag- why don't you go put on something more attractive.

He said:
I'll cook dinner tonight.

What I heard:
Since you're incapable of preparing a decent meal at a decent hour, I better take matters into my own hands before I starve.

He did:
Left for school an hour later than planned.

How I interpreted it:
I need to stay as long as I can because our child will be completely neglected as soon as I leave-you're a horrible mother.


I'm pretty sure PMS is something only women understand, so don't worry about Jon. He'll be okay.

mommymelb said...

I understood your post, and didn't think any less of Todd! In fact I thought, I'm so glad I'm not the only woman that reads WAY too much into what my husband does when he tries to help!

Silly me! But I'm sure it's a girl thing.

Jon said...

Girls are strange

Anonymous said...

My favorite is the "empty the garbage but forget the liner" one. This must be a universal trait among the men who offer such a service. Ben has always taken out the trash for me and lately he has added this phrase, "As long as I have legs to walk on, you'll never have to take out the trash." I sometimes don't realize he's done it until I drop goopy egg shells or carrot peels into the bottom of the plastic can. Yuck! We sure get upset about silly things sometimes!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jon

Jon said...

I was going to say something but just decided to bite my tongue.

Anonymous said...

Do I feel this same way? Do I understand your post?

Oh, you don't even want to know the extent to which that post illustrates my own life!!!

You're not alone, sista!

Poor boys, they'll never understand....although I strongly believe that they will have to experience all of these things before becoming gods. They have to understand everything don't they? I'm (quite evilly) looking forward to watching Nick go through morning sickness and PMS and stuff. hee hee

Amy said...

obviously I feel the exact same way! :o)
Thanks for posting my link.