Friday, September 07, 2007

Vehicle for Sale

Obviously, we'll have to take a better picture to post on KSL.
Todd drove it through the mud this morning.

We have decided to sell our CR-V to get a truck. If you ever move 5 hours away from your family--make sure you own a truck. We need to haul all of the previous owners junk out of our basement, take the 1970's double oven that is sitting IN OUR DRIVEWAY to the dump, get wood for the winter, and be able to bring home building supplies from the new Home Depot that is opening in Richfield in two weeks (hallelujah!).

We were looking at a '98 Chevy Silverado in Richfield, but discovered that because of the age (and the interest rate hike that comes with a truck that old) we could get a 2000 for the same price. So I got on ksl.com and looked specifically at '00 trucks, and found the exact one that we are looking for. It was even the right color. I scrolled up to see where it was from, and it's in Loa!!! We can actually see the owner's house from our back step. So anyway, now we can't trade in our CR-V, we have to sell it ourselves.

My friend Becky told me that her husband's truck was on KSL for a month and they didn't get any calls. So her son re-wrote the ad and made it funny, and they got 5 calls in two days. After reading about the ebay lady that got $142 for pokemon cards (ebay lady), I decided to make my ad a little longer--and hopefully stand out. Unfortunately, I'm not as funny as the ebay lady. I tried to call my funny brother, Ben, to get help with being funny, but he's started graduate school now, so I doubt we'll hear from him for the next four years.

Here's the link to my ad: KSL classifieds

I think we're going to have to lower the price, because of the plethora of CR-V's for sale, but the private party value is supposedly 7,600, so we'll see what happens. I'm afraid that anyone who would need to finance it, is going to run into the same problem we had. It's just not worth financing a car that old because of the interest rate hike. We'll probably end up taking it to CARMAX and selling it at the trade-in value.

If you know anyone who wants a CR-V, let us know. It runs great. We actually owe less than it's worth, so we can come down in the price (shh, don't tell!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you could just get a photo of the CR-V with two red-headed boys gently caressing it with car wash towels, now THAT would be funny!

Loved the KSL ad...especially the manhood bit :) Good luck!