I discovered something the other day and thought I'd share. My kids were decorating sugar cookies for Halloween, and they wanted orange sprinkles but we didn't have any.I did have plain white (large grain) sugar sprinkles, so I put a couple Tbsp. in a ziplock baggie, and added a few drops of food coloring. I squished the bag around and in a few seconds I had orange sprinkles.
I just spread them out on a plate to dry for a minute, and then the kids sprinkled them on the cookies. It worked great, and was cheaper and faster than running to the store for another container of sprinkles.






3 comments:
cool!!
And thanks for the help offer!!!
I'll have to try that, I've wondered before if it would work but never tried it out.
Just can't get too excited about thinking of sugar cookies when I know there's chocolate chip oatmeal cookies waiting in the kitchen! Just wanted you to know that the photos of your boys are adorable!
Post a Comment