For example, if the room is just "too messy to clean" then we will be grateful to have so many toys.
And if we wish for ice cream, instead of crackers,for our after-school snack, then we will be grateful just to have food.
And my personal favorite from last week: If someone simply cannot participate in family scripture study because he "wants to sit right here" and his scriptures are "way over there" then we will be grateful that we have legs to walk all the way across the livingroom to get them.
Sometimes we get upset when things don't go the way we want them to, and we whine or complain. We need to learn to recognize our blessings during those difficult times.
Whining or complaining shows ingratitude. We will use examples (like the ones above) to help everyone recognize blessings amid their trials.
Just as we wash our hands to prevent germs, we can prevent whining and ingratitude by counting our blessings.






10 comments:
I need your inspiration, or a five hour drive with time to think.
That's one of the best FHE lessons I've seen.
AWESOME!!!!! What a great idea Felicia. You are a genius. Do you mind if I steal the idea for our family?
Yes! This is AMAZING! You have posted a wonderful illustrated testimony! Thank-you!!
and all i do on long drives home...is nod off. well that most def makes me grateful to have a husband to drive the car so i can snooze...
you are so freakin awesome.
Great idea! WE could use that lesson at our house!
You are insanely creative. I LOVE this!!!!! Could you send me the word files if you have them? I totally am stealing this idea.
clarkie604@gmail.com
Maybe you could help me adapt this for our school (the teachers need it the most). Darling idea!
I love it! Your prescription label is so cute. Your kids are blessed to have such a patient, faithful and creative mom. :)
dude...you could give me 17 hrs and i couldn't be this clever. love this!
So cute! You are way too creative.
Post a Comment